The Great Benefits of Body Massage
We have different reasons for always going to our trusted massage parlor. Some may find a whole body massage relaxing; others do it primarily to release tension of their muscles from shoulder down to the toes. Others simply do it to make sure their blood will circulate well. Whatever it is, we sure get something out of this very comforting activity. "Regular massage keeps the body working at optimal levels," shared C.G. Funk, who is the vice president of industry relations and product development of the company Massage Envy. "It keeps people well—physically and emotionally," he added.
Different people though from different industry, lifestyle, socio-economic class, gender, age, etcetera prefer different kinds of full body massage. Winnie Peck, a yoga teacher, says, “ I often get a Swedish massage when I try to veer away from yoga for a while just to e relieve certain strained areas in my body. Since I cannot really control how many classes I will handle weekly, sometimes, my body gets exhausted and strained too for too much physical activity. Swedish massage is the best for such goal to relax the whole body after a strenuous physical activity. I always long for those long gliding strokes in the direction of the blood circulation, and I can tell the difference if the massage is not Swedish. I actually think my body reacts differently too when I try another massage. I think it got more adjusted to Swedish since I do this at least 4 times a month.”
Gregg Albanero, a traveller from Mexico City, shared why Asia is one of his favourite destinations, “I tell you, the best vacations I had were in Asia. I will never forget how my health improved when I tried the tantric massage in Singapore. It was like I unloaded a lot of baggage inside me, and just fully surrendered all my worries and inhibitions at once.” Mr. Albanero also mentioned how he also tried lingam massage and Shiatsu massage in the outskirt of the city of Singapore. “I think, Asians are not only the most hospitable people, they are really good with healing touches. They have mastered the art of massaging. Maybe it’s because of the caring culture and old traditions of the people. My vacation is never complete without getting a full body massage. When I return in Mexico, it feels like my body wants to go back in Asia and stay pampered forever.”
Dr. Maan Fox observed that back massage helped lower the risk of high blood pressure among her patients as well, “ At least 10 minutes of back massage is very effective for people who have high blood pressure. It is better than doing nothing to relax. I often advise my patients to do this everyday even when they had to do it alone. A little rub on your feet, a gentle stroke on your shoulder and lower back can make you feel better. Do this everyday, before exercising, and before going to bed. Notice how your body feels more centered and balanced, and even your bowel movement improves because your blood circulation is greatly affected by the massage. My patients reported to me too that regular massage can correct a bad posture, which I believe because a lot of them seem to have better postures now.”
Dr. Fox also mentioned that kids can also benefit from regular gentle massage, “What we do not realize is that kids too experience being stressed. It would help sooth and calm their nerves if we gently give them some tender massage on the shoulder, back, down to their toes before they go to bed. Kids actually love this, and they consider this a way of showing them that you care more. They feel reassured that they constantly receive love fro you.”

Comments
Post a Comment